What we do
- Strives to promote knowledge and awareness amongst the public, to raise the profile of the two illnesses in the health and medical professions, and in employment.
- Enables people with PMR and GCA to make contact with each other through group meetings and our internet forum.
- Campaigns for fast and effective diagnosis and treatment to prevent sight loss resulting from undiagnosed GCA.
- Serves as a co-ordinating body for established local Support Groups.
- Encourages the setting up of new groups.
- Works closely with other supportive organisations such as Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK
- Promotes encourages and participates in research into PMR and GCA.
PMRGCAuk has an active role in ensuring that sufferers are not alone in enduring the trials and tribulations brought about by the symptoms and medication of the illnesses.