PMRGCAuk week... 19 – 25 June 2017
This June we will launch the first ever PMRGCAuk week and we would be delighted if you could join in by organising a small fundraising activity with your friends and family. Thank you very much for your support!
Download our fundraising pack here - it contains everything you need to know - and then see below for more ideas and resources that we couldn't fit into the pack.
In the pack you will find:
- Afternoon tea ideas and recipes
- Knitting patterns for flower brooches
- Sponsor forms to print
- Template press release (in case you would like to contact your local newspaper)
- Details of extra resources you can order
- Information about the charity and what your money will support
- Instructions for how to send us the proceeds of your fundraising event or activity
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Betty Crocker has kindly donated recipes, cake mixes and icing to help your afternoon tea party be a big success. Please email us so we can send your pack - but hurry ... supplies are limited!
Betty Crocker knows a homemade cake is the best way to make any occasion extra-special. Bake your own from scratch or get a head start with our cake mix; whether you prefer chocolate, vanilla or any flavour in between, we’ll make sure you have the recipe you need to bake your next crowd-pleasing cake.
Penny's vegetarian & gluten free wraps
1 pack of gluten free wraps
1 cup chopped spinach
1 small tub of hummus
½ cup grated carrot
Spread each wrap with hummus and then sprinkle with spinach and carrot before folding the sides of the wrap, rolling up and cutting into pieces to serve.
Kathryn's carrot, pineapple and coconut cake
For the cake
2 cups of self-raising flour
2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup crushed, drained pineapple
2 cups shredded raw carrot
Cup to gram conversions: http://allrecipes.com/howto/cup-to-gram-conversions/
1. Beat eggs, then add next 7 ingredients and beat well – you get a thick mixture.
2. Stir in coconut, carrots and pineapple – now you get a runny mixture.
3. Pour into a greased 9″ x 13″ tin.
4. Bake at 350 C / GM4 for approximately 50 mins until the centre of the cake has solidified. Cool before icing.
For the icing
3 oz cream cheese (i.e. Philadelphia or similar)
2 oz icing sugar (approximately)
1 tsp orange juice
N.B. Icing sugar makes the icing runnier, so add it to the cream cheese slowly, bit by bit, until you have the desired consistency.
SPONSORED WALK (OR CYCLE, OR SWIM, OR...)
Set up your fundraising page here by choosing the option 'start fundraising' and then 'personal challenge'. Follow the instructions to set up your page and then email the weblink to friends, family and other contacts, or post on social media.
When your supporters donate, Virgin Money Giving collects any eligible Gift Aid and send the money directly to PMRGCAuk.
Download the fundraising pack at the top of this page, to find two knitting patterns, including the pattern for this very simple but very pretty flower brooch.
More patterns coming soon...